Why Balance is important?
Based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one of the most serious fall injuries is a broken hip. It is hard to recover from a hip fracture and afterward many people may not be able to live without permanent caregivers.
As the population gets older, and we ALL get older....it's inevitable, the number of hip fractures is likely to go up.
A properly focused balance workout routine is the only known method of effectively reducing the risks associated with loss of balance issues encountered later in life, and the B-BOARD® is one of the only products specifically designed for balance exercise that is inherently safe and effective.
- One out of five falls causes a serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury
- Each year, 3 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture
- Each year at least 300,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures.
- More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, usually by falling sideways.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- In 2015, the total medical costs for falls totaled more than $50 billion. Medicare and Medicaid shouldered 75% of these costs
Here is the link to access to the CDC website.